Wednesday, 25 April 2018

PRELIMINARY MODELLING OF STATION

I took one of the curved axonometric sketches and recreated it in SketchUp. I was then able to use downloadable extensions to generate the organic/freeform shape I had sketched on pen and paper.

ORIGINAL SKETCH (SOCIAL CONNECTIVITY + REPETITION)


SKETCHUP RECREATION

This SketchUp recreation is far more pleasing than my simple reduction of rectangular prisms to elliptical prisms.


From there I proceeded to import the station model into a recreated model of UNSW's lower campus. The original layout and size of the station was not aesthetic or functional so I rotated the form into a more suitable position and scaled the main supports to be clear of the main road (Anzac Parade).


SKETCHUP PRELIMINARY POSITIONING


LUMION RENDER: FROM ANZAC PARADE (1)


LUMION RENDER: FROM ANZAC PARADE (2)


LUMION RENDER: FROM MAIN WALKWAY


LUMION RENDER: HIGH ANGLE SHOT














From here it would be best to develop some circulation points for people flow and to refine how the light rail itself would interact with the upper portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment